If you are required to be licensed in South Australia for either of the licenses below, you can enrol and study with us to meet the educational requirements set by Consumer and Business Services (CBS).

Labour hire licence (South Australia)

The Labour Hire Licensing Act 2017 requires anyone who provides labour hire in South Australia to be licensed.

Consumer and Business Services (CBS) has recommenced accepting labour hire applications.

All labour hire providers operating in SA must:

  • lodge their licence application by 31 August 2019
  • be licensed by 1 November 2019.

From 1 November 2019 if you provide labour hire services without being licensed or you engage an unlicensed labour hire provider, penalties may apply.

Click here for more information about the Labour hire licence

Labour Hire Business Licence (LHBL)

Building work contractor’s licence (South Australia)

Individuals and businesses must be licensed as building contractors, including subcontractors if they run a business that carries out or organises building work:

  • for others
  • to sell or let land or buildings.

Sole traders normally apply for a contractor’s licence and building work supervisor registration at the same time as both are required to contract work.

Click here for more information about the Building work contractor’s licence

Contractor Licence Business Criteria (CLBC)